WELCOME TO MONTH 4!
This month we are playing off of the layout from Month 3 but we are making the diamond sets face outward. In the Alison Glass sample, I used 5 different fabrics, breaking up the arcs into 3 pieces and used 4 of those 5 for the Star in the middle. For the block to go with my Tasha Noel quilt, I used 4 fabrics (none of which are actually Tasha Noel). I left the arcs as one piece, but made 8 diamonds with a striped fabric and the remaining diamonds 2 other fabrics. Notice how the stars in the center are lined up. One has the points lined up on the fold lines and the other has the diamond seam lined up on the fold lines.
- Sew diamonds into sets of 2.
- Sew 4 sets into 2 sets of 4 according to the directions in your pattern.
- Sew the 2 sets of 4 into a “star” by matching the center and sewing from the center out.
- Sew the remaining diamond sets to the arcs so that diamond points face outward.
- Glue tips so that they do not show
- Fold the background diagonal both ways so you can line up the block.
- Add the “star” to the center
Follow #iblamekarie and #KwikSparklersBOM2019 on Instagram and Facebook to see even more inspiration!