WELCOME TO MONTH 7!
I can't believe we're in Month 7 already! Your quilt should be looking pretty spectacular at this point, and I love seeing all your designs! Don't forget to use #kwiksparklersBOM and #iblamekarie on Instagram so everyone can follow your progress.
Let's get to it! Aren't the mini pieces fun? Just like like Month 6, we're playing with both the mini- and regular-sized pieces.
You will use 8 diamonds and 4 arcs of each size. This leaves 8 diamonds in each size that you will save for month 10. Incorporating light, medium, and dark fabrics create movement and add interest. The mini pieces sew together very quickly, but the papers can be challenging to remove - you aren't alone!
- Sew diamonds into sets of 2
- For the large pieces, sew the diamond sets to the arcs so that diamond points face outward. Glue tips so that they do not show.
- For the small pieces, sew the diamond sets to the arcs so that diamond points face inward. Glue tips so that they do not show.
- Fold the background diagonal both ways so you can line up the block. The mini block can be oriented exactly like the outer block or turned 90°
- Sew in place using the technique you chose in Month 1
Post your show-n-tell, questions and tips on Karie’s Sewing Spot and share the fun with friends!