Thank you for joining me! I can’t wait to show you how fun and versatile Kwik Sparklers can be. This is a great chance to play with your pieces, color, and fabrics to create a design that zings with your own personality.
Because everything’s better with friends, please take a moment to join the Facebook group, Karie’s Sewing Spot. It’s a great place to share your progress photos, ask questions, and find inspiration for your Kwik Sparklers blocks.
Before you begin, you’ll need to gather a few things.
- Kwik Sparklers Pattern
- Glue basting pen and refills
- Purple Elmer’s glue stick
- Needles - Tulip brand milliners needles in size 10 are my jam
- Thread - I like Decobob by Wonderfil. Pro tip: Gray blends with just about everything
- Your favorite thimble. Thimble Pads by Colonial Needle Company are my go-to
- Acrylic Templates are optional but they really make cutting much faster - and are great for fussy-cutting
- Pro tip: Washi tape on acrylics helps you keep from loosing them in your stuff. I use regular washi on the front, because it's pretty.
I use glitter washi on the back because its texture prevents it from slipping on my fabric
- Background fabric - 4 yards
- Blocks – Assorted fabrics
I am making 3 different options, using fabrics from some of my favorite designers:
- Quantum and Redux by Giucy-Giuce
- Alison Glass
- Tasha Noel fabrics with supporting fabrics from my stash
Whether you are using a curated collection or bundle, a kit from your local quilt shop, or pulling from your stash, choose what YOU love and go for it!
Everyone loves show and tell, so don’t forget to post using #kwiksparklersBOM and #iblamekarie.