WELCOME TO MONTHS 10 & 11!
Once again we are again playing with the leftover mini and regular diamond pieces. You will be making a total of 4 stars (like Months 3 and 4) in each size - 2 sets for Month 10 and 2 for Month 11. You can play with light, medium and dark fabrics to create movement. The mini pieces sew together very quickly but can be a little more challenging to remove the papers.
- Sew Diamonds into sets of 2.
- Sew into sets of 4 according to the directions in your pattern.
- Sew 2 sets of 4 into a “star” by matching the center and sewing from the center out.
- Glue tips so that they do not show.
- Position small star on top of large star. Line up the seams of both sizes or center the small star points on the seams of the large stars.
- Don’t sew to a background yet! In Month 12 I'll share a few different layouts and options for using these star sets.
We'd love to see your quilts as they get closer and closer to being finished! Use #kwiksparklersBOM and #iblamekarie on Instagram and Facebook so everyone can see! You can also find us at Karie’s Sewing Spot!