Here is what you need....
2 Fat Quarters
Decor Bond 809 - 1/2 yard
Batting 18" x 18"
1 - 18" x 18" outside fabric
1 - 18" x 18" lining fabric
2 - 18" x 18" Decor Bond
1 - 18"x 18" Batting
1. Iron the interfacing to the back of the outside fabric and the lining fabric.
2. Make a quilt sandwich. Put right sides together of the outside fabric and the lining fabric and place on top to the batting
3. Using you walking foot, sew around all sides. Leave an opening along one side big enough to fit your hand in. Seam allowance doesn't really matter, just use the edge of your foot.4.Clip the corners at a 45* angle.
Have you tried Flatter by Soak? It is a starch alternative. It doesn't leave flakes like regular starch. It smells AMAZING! I used it at Stash Bash for the first time and I am addicted now!
6. Topstitch 1/4 inch around the edges and then quilt as desired. I went in concentric squares till I reached the center using the edge of my walking foot for a guide.
7. Fold quilted piece in half and measure from the fold.... up 3 1/2 inches and over 3 1/2 inches and make a mark.
8. Connect the 2 marks with a diagonal line. Repeat for the other corner.
9. Fold in half the other direction and mark it on both corners. It will look like this when you are done.
10. Fold in half and sew ON the lines marked .
11. Fold in half the other way and sew on the lines marked.
Tada! You are done! I keep fabric scraps sorted in mine....what will you do with yours????